Spiritually speaking - How do you view animals?

I was just reading some answers on another question and some of these answers will never cease to amaze me. To me, animals are no lesser than we are in a spiritual sense. Sure, they don't have the physical or mental equality to us (although some have proven to be better in those areas), but on a spiritual level I don't see them as any different...

My DH thinks I'm crazy, he says "There is no kitty heaven." And things animals don't matter at all...

How about you, what's your opinion?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe all animals go to heaven,especially kitties!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• All dogs go to heaven - kitties too.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 10:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think animals are spiritual beings and I really hope to see my kitties in Heaven one day.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• So do you all see them as Spiritually equal to humans? Lesser? Greater?

I see them as Spiritual equals!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think there is a special place for them in heaven. They have a soul, they have feelings and such. :) I would be very sad if kitties and other animals didn't go to heaven.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 10:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I see them as Spiritual equals!
    But I will not say that they are equal to humans, in the since that I would put them equal to my children. I have been in grops here that say the pets are equal to children, like they wouldn't chose the human children over pets. But I do see them as Spiritual equals!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I see it the same way you do....they are very much spiritual beings....equally, yes...
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Also, when I get to heaven , I believe all my past pets will be there waiting for me.
    dancinintherain

• i see them as equal to us. i think that our spirit could experience an animal life too in reincarnation possibly. i think they are just spirits haveing an animal experience like we are spirits having a human experience on earth, but there is no difference in the spirit world.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Everything was created spiritually before it was created physically. As human beings, we have spirits. Animals do to. Animals follow instincts, and by so doing, fulfill the measure of their creation and inherit eternal life with God. I believe that I will someday have a heavenly mansion. And of the pets I have had in this life, if I treated them well enough, they'll want to live with me. Personally, when I see a suffering animal, though I cannot always do anything, I "invite" them to have a home in my mansion. Here's a link to an article written by a member of my church that I wholeheartedly agree with.

The Gospel and Animals

Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2010