My daughter is 7 but her attitude is more like 17, please tell me my headaches will go away soon,

Halfpint01

Asked by Halfpint01 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get a handle on it now because it only gets worse. Set hard and fast boundaries and follow through or you're going to have a teenager from hell.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I wonder where did she learn that behavior. Maybe watching the wrong television shows, hanging around other children that watch the wrong stuff, who knows? I'm wishing the best for you...maybe its just a phase she is going thru...at 7 no less!
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 10:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I hope it's just a phase, because she was never like this untill she started school. I know kids will be kids. And she is a sweetheart 90% of the time, ex: she will crawl into bed with me in the morning and I'll open my eye's to her smiling, " good morning mom!" the simplest things make you smile!
    Halfpint01

Comment by Halfpint01 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I had to laugh... My youngest sister was more of a teenager at age 8 than my sister and I (who were actually teens at the time) ever were. She got through it and so did we. My mom was firm but loving, and we all learned to appreciate her good qualities, and try to be good examples for things she needed. A lot was just her personality. She is now 20, a successful beautician and manager of a salon, my son's favorite aunt, and still a sweetheart. Love her for who she is, set boundaries, and accentuate the positive!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My daughter is 8 almost 9 and we are going through the same thing. Everyone says "get it under control now or it will get worse" well how do I get control. She is very sassy and rolls her eyes. I try to talk to her about it and she seems sorry but then it doesn't last long. I am interested to see the answers to your post.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 2:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Man they sound identical! LOL!
    Halfpint01

Comment by Halfpint01 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If she's 7 going on 17, I'd say your headaches are about to get worse, not better! Unless you put those behaviors in check NOW, that is.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• your headaches will only get worse until they move out. i have kids in between ad my 17 year old is a handful.
    tinker16233

Answer by tinker16233 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• my 7 yr old is starting the same thing and it started when she started school summer was all good but once she started 1st grade her attitude is not so great. i have been keepin her from visiting friends and bday parties when her attitude is starting to get unappealing she hates it . i dont know if this will fix it but its where im starting hope u find something that works for u.
    mg25

Answer by mg25 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• LOL my four year old niece acts like she is 17 as well. Mom says it's the curse working... you know the "I hope your kids are twice as bad as you " curse that Mom's put on their kids.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 12:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2010