Homosexuality: Nature vs Nurture adult content

Do you think homosexuals choose to be that way, or are they born with it?

Seeing as how this has been in the news for a very long time, and with the military considering changing some of it's policies towards it, what do you think?

MandaLea

Asked by MandaLea at 10:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse
    Personally, I think it is a choice.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 10:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Well seeing as though there are some kids who come from very conservative families and are then outcasts I would say nature!!! Nobody wakes up one morning and says well I think I want to be hated the rest of me life!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• choice
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• This again? How many times do MRIs and other tests have to prove that the brain of a homosexual is "wired" like that of the opposite sex before people stop asking this question...

NO ONE would choose to be homosexual. Seriously. Why would anyone ever think someone would want to be made a social pariah, threatened, beaten, raped, killed? In some places and times it's even been illegal and the death penalty applied in "lesser" cultures... Why in the world would anyone CHOOSE that? That doesn't even make sense!

It's not a choice, it's a naturally occurring anomaly in the brain... It's not something that can be changed, it's not something that should be fixed... It's just nature, doing what it does best...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If you said choice, when did you chose? How old were you and what did you take into account when deciding?
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 10:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I def think it's something a person is born with. they've done small group studies on the brains and heredity of homosexuals. not all have it in their relatives, but the brains have been proven to be different.

Did you wake up one day and choose to be straight?
    MandaLea

Comment by MandaLea (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Nature
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• This is not a question of opinion, it has been proven so many times over. I don't understand why people still act as if it is an option that a person chooses. Why would someone purposefully choose to be anything other that heterosexual, knowing the ridicule and hate that they can and most-likely will receive from the people they call peers and family?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Oh, and I thought I read that there have been documented cases of homosexuality in over 450 animals species. I definitely remember reading about some penguins in a NY zoo. I'm pretty sure they will eventually find some kind of answers to this question in genetics studies.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My husband's mom is one of five children. Only one of them is gay. They all received the same nurture.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2010