Any suggestions?

I grew up in a religious family, my family went to church every Wednesday and Sunday, My dad passed away a few yrs ago and I haven't stepped foot into a church til here recently my SO is a Christian and is huge on going to church, I just can't get thru a service without thinkin about my dad and tearing up, I feel as if I don't even believe anymore! I have lost all faith I think... I dunno

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not believe in organized religion, but I wonder why you are blaming church. I get very emotional when I do go to church. Maybe you could let go and feel about your dad at home more, then you won't feel like it is Church that is bringing on the hurting feeling.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't feel like it's the church, I just feel like I don't feel the need to go to church and I feel I have lost all faith and I ? myself on whether I believe in GOD or not! I just don't know....
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I'm an atheist so I can't relate to you on the church but I lost my father almost 3 years ago so I can relate to you there.  I really don't think you have come to terms with losing your dad yet.  When you finally achieve acceptance then everything else will fall into place.

I'm very sorry for loss.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• What does your heart tell you? Losing a loved one is always hard on those of us left behind. From your dad's perspective, he's happy, he's safe, he's out of pain and temptation. It's not about whether or not you go to church. It's about what you need. Maybe your church isn't giving you the peace of mind (and heart) that you really need to move forward and through the pain of losing your dad. A friend of mine, basically like a sister, died of cancer a few years ago. Found out in October, dead in January. It hurt. But we (her family and I) made it through, because of our faith. I know that life goes on after death. I believe that families can be together forever. I know that I will see my loved ones again. Death is still hard, but because of what I know, the temporary separation is a bit easier.

Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You have to give it ALL to God. Surrender all your anger, sadness, frustrations, disappointments you have with God. Tell God you are mad that He took your dad. He already knows. Then say I trust you God that my dad is with you. I choose to trust by Faith. Heal me Lord from all this pain. I too lost my dad and I prayed as they were working on riving him on Thanksgiving Day. Out of all days! I was so sad, I cried hysterically and yelled up to the Lord Why Lord WHY? Then I held my dad's lifeless body and cried and Yelled Lord I give him to you. I give him to YOU! You promised that if we call on your name we will be saved so I give him to you!. I know my dad received the Lord and THAT gave me peace. Then I said the verse "Absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" If your daddy knew the Lord and accepted Him in his heart. He is with the Lord now. I believe that with all my heart.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If it helps, when I lost my brother and was not able to say goodbye to him. I wrote him a letter and poured my heart to my brother. I then took it to the cemetary and left it there with flowers. I asked the Lord to deliver it :) This was before I was a christian and was catholic. It brought me closure.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• you could pray about all this and ask what you desire be it to be able to go to church or have faith be brought back to you. just make sure that you leave yourself open to others who will be sent to help you with fulfilling your unanswered prayer.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think you DO know. You've lost faith by being forced to face the truth about life. Bad things happen and there is no deity in control of any part of our lives. You can be an agnostic and choose to believe that there MAY be an energy, like the Force, that binds us together, and you can continue to doubt until proof is offered to you. You can choose to be an atheist and recognize that there are no gods--we are on our own. You shouldn't be participating in going to church when you no longer believe. That's hypocritical. And I'm sure the christian moms will agree that this isn't what their imaginary god wants from anyone.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have suffered a great deal of loss, especially over the last 6 years. I lost my father in January and it was my faith that helped me through it. The Holy Spirit is our Comforter. Cry out to Jesus. He will hear you and He will heal you from your sadness. Church is very hard when we've lost someone. If you need to, tell God you're upset, even mad. He will never leave you or forsake you. Even now as you are struggling with your faith, God is with you and holding you in His arms. He loves you so much. We all go through trials and tribulations that Satan uses to try to get us to renounce our faith. Stay strong. You have many sister's in Christ on here praying for you. I will keep you in prayer. If your dad was Chrsitian have faith that you will see him again. This life is temporary and you will be with him eternally. I know it hurts, it hurts really bad. Please message me. I would love to encourage you.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010