Did you know that Your Senator Is (Probably) a Millionaire?

I find it REALLY insulting to my intelligence AND YOUR'S, that certain voted in gov't elitists, particularly, Pelosi, speaks of "the wealthy" as scum buckets, the lowest of the low, and yet somehow these politicians, the ones who are demonizing rich people, all manage to IGNORE and/or EXCLUDE THEMSELVES from this same CATEGORY that sooo many of them ARE in…
And this data is from 2008, WE CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW RICH THEY ALL ARE NOW!
link will in 1st reply, unless one of you beats me there, lol…
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/25/your-senator-is-probably-a-millionaire/

agentwanda

Asked by agentwanda at 10:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, I guess the bikini reference was too much.....

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Mine isn't on the list, he made the MORON list though! :)

LOL gert, funny to see you defend rich people..usually it is the libs bashing them and wanting to redistribute the wealth! I'll tell ya though..you are a hoot when you get your 'kini's in a wad though!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Those people are all rotten. Every last one of them.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yep, gertielu, we conservatives hate EVERYONE! bwahahaha....
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• LOL... I wonder if it is time for her to make a new CM profile..... ;o)

Op, interesting.. Very Interesting..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Just found out today that our CITY planner makes 268k/yr.... I'm just stunned! Apparently we've been in the wrong business! Our rep, Stark, lives on a multiple acre property in MD while we all suffer to pay outrages mortgages here in CA... time for TERM LIMITS!

And I'm not talking per job, I'm talking in politics period. Spending too much time in politics is dangerous for anyones morality!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Politicians from both sides are hyprocrites (let's face it, if you have an Ivy League degree, you probably shouldn't be calling someone else an elitist either). The sad truth is that you usually have to have money in order to make it into politics on the national level. My state didn't have anyone on the top 25 list for Senate or House, which surprised me because I know one of our senators is rich (she self-financed her first senatorial campaign).

jilby

Answer by jilby at 3:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Hey!!!!!!!!! My senator, Richard Burr, and Congressman, Walter Jones, didn't make the lists. I'm am very proud!!!! I don't know what they are worth. Frankly, I don't care. If they have been able to honestly and honorably make and save money or have a "net worth", I have nothing against that at all. I do, however, have something against someone like Pelosi telling me that the wealthy are bad while she has protected her wealth, I'm sure, in a way that all the new legislation she is proposing will not touch it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Half of mine are. I did not know Kohl had such a high net worth. Russ Feingold's net worth in 2008 was $452,500
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• And NOT surprisingly 7 out of the top 10 are DEMOCRATS! Coincidence? I think not!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010