How do you afford a Wii system when you are on food stamp and WIC?

My inlaws are on food stamp and wic but just brought a Wii system and want to borrow my game. are you f---------- kidding me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• LOL well since the get all that, that is how they are able to have pocket money and afford that, hell I get food stamps and can't really afford a WII but I plan to buy 1 for my kids Christmas
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I've found that people will buy whatever they WANT, no matter what.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 10:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Sorry, what's the issue here. WIC and FS both go off of your income, if their income falls in to a category where they qualify for aid why would they not take it? That doesn't mean they should live in the poor house or not get to enjoy life once in a while. If their bills are paid, they have the things they need and are able to pay for something extra once in a while why is that such a bad thing? Sorry, but I don't see why someone can't enjoy life once in awhile simply because they are getting aid...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Wow, I see your frustration. and totally understand, but I guess you really can't say for sure where the $ came from, but they are really expensive as I have 1 myself. I guess you could refuse to support them in there gaming habbit if your that upset with it. :\
    Halfpint01

Answer by Halfpint01 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Besides, if they started saving for it a year ago or something it could have easily been bought without ever really having to put a large sum in to it. My DH never buys a game or system full price, he always makes sure he has a trade in and gets the discounts, and when we want something big we save up... Never do we put more than $5 or $10 a month in to stuff like that... And if they are doing that kind of thing, there is even less of a reason for this to be an issue. I mean really, even if they were putting as much as $20 aside each month, that's far from enough to buy food with or use for other "needs" and there is simply nothing wrong with saving to get what you want...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• people lie about their income to get food stamps i have wic but make too much for food stamps.....i seen a lady the other day wearing name brand jeans and a coach purse drive a dodge durango "a new one" and she used foood stamps and at that the food she bought most of it was junk food.........must be freaking nice when i want food for my family but we struggle cuz im not about to lie
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Are you sure they bought it and someone didn't buy it for them?
    Anonymous

• If they genuinely bought it then they're abusing the system by buying luxeries they don't need. It's wrong.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• @ Sabrina i agree with you on this,Idon't worry about what other people are doing if you don't want to lend the game for whatever reason then don't but i could care less how the hell they got it as long as i did'nt buy it ,look just about everyone knows someone or have someone in their family that have received WICor foodstamps to me that what makes it an on going cycle if they are abusing things believe it'll catch up with them,so no one can talk about anyone stop being bitter and be happy and grateful that you don't need it one day and that someone is online talking about you and your family
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 11:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Discuss it with your inlaws then. Don't come on here trying to start PA drama.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010