What is your favorite quote?

Heres mine: β€œThe world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these, the spirit blooms timidly, and struggles to the light amid the thorns.” ~ George Santayana

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You come to love not by finding the perfect person,
    but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

~Sam Keen
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You won't be remembered for the good person you are tomorrow half as much as the bad person you were yesterday so make today your tomorrow so yesterday you will be good.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 10:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• "Every man dies, not every man really lives." -William Wallace
    audcj

Answer by audcj at 10:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• β€œKeep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great.”- Mark Twain
    Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principals which direct them.-Napoleon Bonaparte

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• The only place where the Bible says you can test God! "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse and prove me now herewith saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it"Malachi 3:10-12
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Well behaved women rarely make history
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:50 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I never wanted to know, never wanted to see, I wasted my time, til time wasted me--When the Crowds are Gone by Savatage.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• "I brought children into this dark world because it needed the light that only children can bring."
    audcj

Answer by audcj at 10:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• "BEFORE when it is just you... you are the picture, but AFTER you have a child you are the frame that hold the picture together!"
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• "Memento Mori"

It's meaning is very similar to the "live like you're dying" kind of thing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010