when do I stop boiling water for the babies milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never boiled water for formula
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 4:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I never did either, I would just run the water until it was hot or reheat in the microwave. If you really want to continue, do it until your baby is off formula.
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 4:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• jsut use bottled water
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• You don't need to boil it unless you are using well water.

Either use city tap water (which must meet higher standards than bottled waters) or use Nursery Water which has flouride added to it for baby's teeth.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i have never boiled the water... back in the day they boiled the water to kill all the possible bacteria, but that was when almost everyone was on well water.. we just use warm water from the tap.. you cant keep your baby sterile once it leaves the hospital, that is what the nurses told me, and I kept that to heart. Thats why i dont boil bottles, nipples, etc, they just get washed out or washed in the dishwasher.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I use my city's tap water, though I do have an undersink filter.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I never boil my water. I just give her room temperature bottled or filtered water from the fridge. Don't want her getting used to warm bottles that way I can feed her anytime and anywhere with just a bottle of water.
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Whenever you're comfortable doing so. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008