Awkward Silence???

Ok me and my SO jus had the dumbest fight ever and now we are sitting in separate room and you couldn't cut the tension with a knife... Should I apologize or just let it blow over! The whole car ride home was quiet... even the kids!

The FIGHT:
LOL it's dumb we were leaving the parade and he took off walking one way and I was walking back to the car the way we came and I simply asked him "Why are you taking the long way around, let's just take the way we brought in back"

And he said just follow me I know what I am doing this takes us straight to the car....

lol it did after we went clear around a building when there was no need to so I said
"what was the purpose of that it was just dumb we should have just walked back the way we came"

and then there was bickering back and forth, slam of a car door, and dead silence since

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep I would say sorry and just say that there was no reason to fight in the first place. Sometimes we just pick certain things that are not a big deal to make a big deal of.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I've had those fights a thousand times. The kids get all like "Mom and Dad are fighting". I would say just let it go. In a few, just walk in there and act like nothing happened. I think it makes it worse when the kids think it was a big deal.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would apologize. I know a lot of times it's hard for me to bite my tongue, but Idk if the comment was really necessary at the end. I do it all the time and feel like a complete jacka**
    MandaLea

Answer by MandaLea at 10:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Sometimes the littles things can cause a arguement, I would just simply apologise i agree with pp. Dont ever go to sleep angry at one another ,lifes too precious.I totaly understand why youre upset ,but i would let it go something so small can turn into lots of more bigger bickering .
    SparklingMom78

Answer by SparklingMom78 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I also have had the same sort of argument with my SO. For some reason, even when it has been proven that I was right all along he still argues over whatever it is. It's so frustrating!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think you should apologise and know that it doesn't matter who is right or wrong.Life and marriage is not a game so don't keep score,live life and when things like this happen,and they do,apologise and move on.Your children will learn that people are different and how to deal with difficult situations by watching you.
    mom4jimbo

Answer by mom4jimbo at 11:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would apologize for calling his way to the car dumb....I know its stupid but my hubby and I do this ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He drives 10 minutes out of the way around the circle down the road just to make a left hand turn its reDONKulous and drives me bananas! BUT it's his thing, he does it all the time and I have just gotten to the point that unless there is something on a time line to be done I don't even bother asking where the hell we are going....LOL
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yup we have lots of fights like that .. its retardid but it happens lol.... everyone acts like children sometimes when we fight...
    danielle_hanna

Answer by danielle_hanna at 11:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Sometimes we have to decide if we want to be happy or right. If you want to be right the tension will continue, if you want to be happy, apologize and let everything blow over. Even though he made the wrong decision, pointing it out was a blow to the ego and men have fragile egos.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree that it might have been a good idea to go the way you come in, but men usually think their way is better and you can't convince them otherwise. But, you did get back to the car and that's what matters. I would definitely apologize, it's not like it was anything major.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2010