My mom, sister and I are trying to get a jump on things. My babyshower (in Feb) was a big topic of conversation over lunch today. I told my mom and sister that I want it to be women only...no men, no children. What is the nicest, classiest, but straight to the point way to tell my friends that it is a no kid zone? I'm sure I sound selfish and greedy, but it's my day and it's about MY baby. Not everyone else's kids. So what is the best way to put it on the invitations? Thanks!!

NewMommyJamie

Asked by NewMommyJamie at 10:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe have it at a nice location as one hint... no matter what, just put in small print, maybe bold italic, at the bottom No Children, Thank You.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 10:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Make it something like we are having a girls day out, that way they know it is not for kids or men.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You are right. It is your day. I did the same thing. NO KIDS. You come out and tell them like I did. If I invite your child then they all would have to come. My sil does child care and baby is very sick and sometimes can stop breathing, I did not want this at my baby shower. This would make everybody upset. She did not come at all. She did what she had to do and so did I.
    Anonymous

• An idea someone once gave me: Require an RSVP, then, while talking to them, remind them of how much fun their hubbies will have babysitting! And how much fun they'll have getting away for a few hours!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• put in flat out in the invitation no children please....if they can't make other arrangements then they won't go, so be it, its not the end of the world. it is really hard having kids run around your baby shower trying to open YOUR presents for YOUR baby. Its not fair to you and the other people. Its one day for a few hours. if its absolutely a big deal for people with kids to bring them maybe if you do a hotel you can hire a babysitter from the hotel to watch the kids but thats a whole other expense you have to look at.....good luck
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• p.s. you could have it at a really nice bar...I know cities have them usually in a hotel...then its no kids allowed anyway!
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• On the invitation write Adults Only, Please....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Write on the invitations, Adult female guests only please. That lets everyone know that no one but themselves are invited. Then they can decide whether or not to attend.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Most baby showers are women only, and men usually don't want to be there. So that part should be taken care of. As long as your friends get plenty of notice, this shouldn't be a problem. That way they can find a baby sitter ahead of time.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Wanting a shower is selfish and greedy.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010