Creation stories...

I have a copy of the "Wiccan" Creation story, and of course I know all about the "Christian" version. But I'm curious about other paths and cultures... Does anyone have links or know about the creation stories of other paths?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I just google "Wiccan Creation Story, and I got something very similar to Genesis, except with an added female deity. Is this correct?

Answer by lovinangels at 11:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Have you checked out, if it has to do with any belief system they probably have it.

Answer by emptynstr at 11:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I have a book from a college class titles Primal Myths that has all sorts of creation stories from all different kinds of cultures. Pretty interesting.

I'm not sure, but just maybe you could find a copy at your library. There may be others as well, or instead. :)

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• *titled, lol sorry

• Found in Voluspa in the Poetic Eddas and the Codex Regius. There's a prose retelling of it in the Prose Eddas, and the Baldwin Project has a kid-friendly version of it in their collection online here:

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Hungarian creation story:
    My favorite story is this one:

Answer by StarandAngel at 1:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2010