• In the Spotlight:

How much? Please dont be rude....

I know that it take extreme stress for long periods of time to hurt you or your baby. But i have been under ALOT of stress for a couple months now and there is no end in sight. Do you know how long it takes to take affect on you or your baby because i am having pains and things but the dr. wont listen to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it depends on the person and the stress level their mental capacity and well being. I have been under more stress the pass few months than i have ever been under in my life!

if you really think it could be effecting the baby, see a new doctor to get another point of view. good luck
    Anonymous

• if ur having pains it could already be affecting the baby.... go to a different doc..
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Hon if your DR won't listen get a new one. Your baby is more important. I hope you start to feel better.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I don't think that there is an exact amount. I think it probably depends more on how you cope with it instead of the amount.

Also, subsequent pregnancies usually have more pains involved with them then first time pregnancies. How many times have you been pregnant?
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 4:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• its depends on the baby. I was stressed with my 1st child but he came out fine but i was so stressed with this one and he is smaller he is 1lb behind what he needs to be (i am 28 weeks) so when i heard that i had to really clam down.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• If you are having pains then it could be already effecting the baby..that doesnt mean it is causing the baby harm though! when i was prego with my son i had alot of problems with my hubby and my families!they didnt want me to have the baby and they didnt want us to get married they said i was too young and he was too old for me and tried to have him locked up and all kinds of stuff like that but the more i stressed out the more i hurt!it didnt cause any harm to the baby but since i was stressed the baby was too and it would cause me to have pains!just try anything to relax some and if your doc wont listen then change docs..you want a doc that is there for you and your baby not only to get the job done!(i found female docs were always ruder!)
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 5:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I would absolutely talk to another doctor, or be more demanding with the one you have. I think, since most pregnant women go through the same things, doctors oftentimes don't understand the seriousness of your concerns. Make sure you're not trying to be tough about it, you know? If you're really upset, be upset! I know that, I, personally, need to let my emotions speak for themselves more often. Maybe your doc isn't taking you seriously because of this? Just a thought...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Hmmm...re-reading that, you might see some of it as harsh, but it's not mean to be! It IS a stressful time, no matter how much you prepare for it, and your hormones work against you whenever they can!

I think the biggest fear about stress and pregnancy is what it does to the mother's body and it's ability to care for a baby, so while you might not be harming your little one, it's probably not doing him or her any favors. I had an irritable uterus which was prone to contractions when I was stressed, so it could already be affecting things that you're not aware of (I had no clue).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i'm not stressing about the baby if anything that is the least thing i am stressed out about
    Anonymous

• I had so much stress with my first and, when they did the first ultra sound they said that there was some white spots on there, i don't remember exactly what they told me that was, but that it was from all the stress. They also said that my son had groth restriction because of that. so i ended up on bed rest and had to go in for NST's and more ultra sounds. It took a few months of trying not t ostrss out so much for the ultrasounds to look clear. My son came out with no problems but when that was going on i felt like it wasn't affecting the baby, so if you feel like it is you need to make your dr. understand and do something. I hope everything works out for you.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008