Why do people sell coupons on ebay?

I just find it so wrong.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• people are so gullible
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Because there is some idiot out there willing to buy them.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Exactly. Someone will buy them, and people are looking to make a buck where they can.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I've done it. I had something like $15 in Pampers coupons, and we don't use Pampers, so I sold them for like $2 or something. It made me a few dollars and still saved them a nice chunk... And for people who are coupon-a-holics and don't by anything without one, it's a good way to get coupons you may not normally get. Companies that advertise in circulars tend to do so regionally, so if you live in the South west and you spend $2 or $3 on coupons from someone in the North east, you are going to get an entirely different batch of coupons from what you got in your circulars and potentially save a lot more money... For me, I don't use coupons at all, so I don't get the fascination, but I guess if people can save more than they spend, it's worth it. It's like paying for a Sam's Club or Costco membership, the point is to spend money in order to save money...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Because many people use coupons religiously, and will buy them. I've tried using coupons, and though I never got into like some people, you'd be surprised how much money you can save buying those coupons from eBay if you really get into it.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think that it is illegal to charge for the coupons themselves. The people are charging shipping in most cases.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I know a woman who delivers news papers as a second job. She actually steals the coupons from the new papers and sells them on Ebay. She's going to end up in jail I fear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I just started back using coupons so right now I don't have many. I will occasionally buy them off Ebay, because sometimes our newspaper doesn't carry the coupons every Sunday. Also, it is a good way to "jump start" the amount of coupons I have. I have never spent more than $1.50 for coupons and generally receive over 100 coupons. If there are coupons that I don't need then I pass them on to someone that does and they do the same for me. As far as selling them on Ebay, they are not selling the coupons but they are selling their "time" that it takes to cut and organize the coupons.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Because people buy them

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Hey, i've purchased a stack of huggies coupons and coupons for some expensive organic products. People will iterally buy 10 or more Sunday papers and sell 10 of the same coupon on ebay and why not?

Only thing that irks me is that MANY of the sellers say something like "As per ebay rules you are paying for my time to cut out these coupons, not the coupons themselves"

Yet if they actualy went to ebays policy on coupons it says: "Also, sellers can't claim that the price of the coupon is based on the value of the labor involved in clipping the coupons instead of the coupons themselves. Under eBay rules, the coupons themselves are the items being sold."

It's like one idiot decided to say it's for the time clipping them "as per ebay rules" and the "followers" just copied them. Research your own business and do it right, those that sell them and state this are technically in violation of ebays TOS!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 24, 2010