Is there such a thing as an accurate IQ test?

I've heard yes and no. What about an online version of an IQ test?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say no. A person's IQ is really subjective, and it changes as we grown and our brains mature. Part of the test I took included writing about anything I wanted for 5 mins, then the writing was scored on how well I wrote, how clear my thoughts came across, spelling, punctuation, and other things... While the spelling and whatnot can obviously be graded equally no matter who is doing the grading, things like how well someone wrights can be graded completely differently by two different people which would totally change how it factored in to the over all IQ number...

My point is IQ tests should always be seen as a ball park figure rather than a set in stone. Plus if someone has a learning disability their IQ will seem lower than it is...

And no, I wouldn't think there is anywhere online worth taking an IQ test through.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No. Both my children went thru numerous IQ tests growing up and I was always told they aren't 100% accurate. My oldest daughter is has a learning disability and I was told this affected her numbers. Because she has trouble reading and comprehending her doctors always felt she wasmuch more intelligent than her numbers showed.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:23 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have to agree with the previous 2 posters. If you want an accurate test then you need to have it done by a professional, but again it is going to be subjective. There are different test for different age groups also. With learning disabilities it is hard to gauge, because they usually don't test well and get a lower score. My step son is a perfect example. He tested low and was labeled mildly delayed. He has been sold short. He is very smart. He does have some learning disabilities, but he in college now and getting all A's.

If you are talking online tests they are very inaccurate. My mom and I took the same test. I got a score 147, my mom got one of 67. I am not that smart and my mom is not that dumb. I zipped through mine quickly and got a really high score. My mom got a phone call in the middle and got interupted and got a bad score. They are timed. The more time you take the lower your score.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 1:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010