Is there certain music you enjoy that helps you feel even closer to what you believe?

For Christians and non-Christians.

I enjoy listening to Loreena McKennit and Charlie (Charles) Murphy. I'm trying to find more artists to expand on, but Google searching is leaving much to be desired.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I listen to Celtic Woman alot when I need a spiritualy boost. I especially love their song called "The voice."
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I really enjoy worshipping to anything from Hillsong (My favorites right now - Desert song & Lead me to the cross). :)

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Sure, I listen to the Pagan Radio Network and the "Keep Music Pagan" youtube channel all the time. I love them. There are just so many songs out there that make me feel strong and magical...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I do listen to a Christian station but get tired of the same songs over and over so CDs are best for me! Chris Tomlin, Chris Rice, third day, Steve Green, and so many others. You can find Christian music in almost every style!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 2:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Casting Crowns
    Tenth Avenue North
    Kutless
    just recently fell in love with Mike's Chair
    Phillips Craig and Dean

and I really love old hymns, especially "Holy, Holy, Holy"
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• JCRestored me I love Desert Song!

I listen to anything by Misty Edwards, Ruth Fazal, The Rivieras, Kim Walker, IHOP worship, Jesus Culture Worship, Brian and Jenn Johnson, Todd Benjamin Lout ( he is the worship leader at my church and has a cd out) , Cory Asbury, Laura Hackett , Luke Wood, David Brynum.

Some of my fav songs: Picture of Your love ( Luke Wood) Paint Your Picture ( Julie Meyer) St. Francis ( Kristine Mueller) and so much more! I mostly stick with Worship and Praise and also Prophetic Worship.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Contemporary Christian is my fave, but when I really need to 'dig deep', it's the
    traditional hyms that do it every time. Really takes me back to my childhood faith.

"How Great Thou Art"
    "Amazing Grace"
    "Up from the the Grave"

LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 3:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Hillsong for sure!! I love the song For the Redeemed :) And Phil Wickham!
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Like Sabrina I also listen to the "Keep Music Pagan" youtube channel. Right now I'm listing to a song called Maiden, Mother, Crone by someone named Kellianna on youtube. I have the youtube page in the background so I can still read and answer on this forum. I also love all the songs that are sung by Lisa Thiel so far. I havnt listend to the Pagan Radio Network before but now I'm wanting to lol. there is a song called Witch by a woman named Lady Isadora that I think is wonderful
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• This song plays in my mind by The Band Perry. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJqUN9TClM&ob=av2e

2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010