Were you ever considered a "mallrat" growing up?

A mallrat is someone who goes to the mall; not to work, not to stop, but just be there.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I liked the movie Mall Rats. It's pretty funny. When I was a kid, I didn't have money to go see a movie or go shopping. So we'd take the bus to the mall sometimes and just walk around to look at things and see if there was anyone there we knew and stuff. Now that I'm an adult, I still don't have any money lol, or anything to do for entertainment. So when I'm visiting my mom, we'll take my son to the mall to play in the play area, to walk around for exercise, or see the sights. I live in a tiny town with no mall in it so I don't get to go much. But when i get the chance I love to go to the mall just for fun.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No. I have never gone to the mall just to hang out. Nobody that I know did that and I never saw kids hanging around at our mall.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yes but my mall use to have a movie theater and a arced so there was shit to do
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Well, since the nearest mall was at least an hour's drive, no. Probably wouldn't have even if it had been closer. I was always an outside kinda person.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I used to hang out at the mall, but we usually bought something. It may have just been a drink, but it was something. We were not the kids you see running around the mall generally causing havoc.

I even made up a song about mall rats when I was about 23. To the tune of I'm a Little Tea Pot.

I'm a little mall rat short and squat.
    I'm here to spend money, I think NOT!
    When you tell me to leave, I scream and shout.
    Try to touch me, I cuss you out.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 11:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• cute mall rat song keri
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 5:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010