Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I go to hospital adult content

So I am currently almost 39 weeks pregnant and well I know that is TMI but i dont want to go in unless i get an opinon or two but my husband and i just had sex and then i felt like a little leak don't know if he broke my water but i don't want to go to the hospital and risk them telling me that im not in labor even though i have had contractions for the past week. lol And im getting induced on monday so i don't know what to do will it hurt to wait or should i go in?

Answer Question

Asked by mommy2b924 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 7 (158 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • I would go in just to be safe. They can see how close you are. maybe they won't have to induce you after all. Good luck! Is this your 1st?

    Answer by horsesteelers at 12:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • First, why are you being induced Monday??
    Next, wait and see what happens. Even if it IS your water, all you'll be doing is sitting in a hospital hoping to get regular contractions and being on their clock. Put on a maxi pad, and see if it fills up. If not, it's probably not your water. Your discharge by now is probably copious, and can give yiua lot of false alarms. I know I had one! If you start filling up pads fast, or it feels like you're peeing and you have no control over it, it's probably your water. Even if that's the case, wait until your contractions start getting more regular to go in.

    Answer by musicpisces at 12:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • If you are leaking, you will continue to feel drips/trickle. If you do.... you have 24 hours before they start to worry about infection, and some docs aren't even worried then as long as you aren't running a fever. But if you do go to the hosptial, all they will do is swab the liquid on your panties to see if its amniotic fluid. If its not, you head back home.

    Answer by karamille at 12:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • I would call the dr. Most of the time they want you to call regardless before heading to the hospital.

    Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • nah, I'd wait. No reason at all to go in at this point.

    Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • No this is my second but i had my first two weeks early and I had a false alarm on Monday last week. And im getting induced or as my doctor put it she is going to break my water if it is not already broken because my son's so far down already and im dialating great that if i want to have a little help i can and honestly its either that or have contractions for the next week nonstop and when i say contractions i mean they are the ones that hurt like no other i try walking laying down sitting down and the only thing that has worked for two days is to stand and stretch.

    Comment by mommy2b924 (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • WHY are you being induced? I wouldn't .....
    maybe you are leaking amniotic luid....water broke,in other words,and if so,you should be in the hospital.

    Answer by kerp1960 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • I'm a first time mom due in January so I'm the only real help I can offer is that if you are worried or concerned, go to doctor to help ease your fears. It's definitely better to go in and have it be nothing than to sit at home and worry that something is happening! :)

    Answer by Austynsmommy111 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • No, I don't suggest going to the hospital until you are in labor.
    Water breaking (IF this is that) doesn't mean you are in labor, yet. It can take a couple of weeks, who knows.

    You can wait until baby & body are ready~ avoiding unnecessary interventions is safer, obviously!

    Best wishes!

    Answer by doulala at 1:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • id wait and see if u
    leak anymore

    Answer by ahsweetness at 1:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.