How can I convince my daughter that the big potty isn't that scary?

She is disgusted and terrified of her own poop...but she still won't go poop in her potty...and expects to be changed immediately when she does!

SusysPinkRoom

Asked by SusysPinkRoom at 12:23 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Girl, I can relate!!!! My dd is 2 and a half and she will sit on the potty a couple of mins but wont pee or poop. If you catch her in the act of pooping in her pants and try to get her to sit on the potty she refuses and cries. Then once she's pooped her pants she wants changed!!! I dunno what to do!!! I even let her watch me use the potty and she enjoys watching but wont go herself. I'd be happy at this point for pee on the potty!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• this works every time she does poop on her potty give her a star and put on calendar when she has three stars take to store let her
    buy a treat if she thinks that star gets her treat just pooping then so be it
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Is she going on the little potty yet? We bought a little toilet seat that is magnetized, and goes into the lid of our toilet seat, so DS has a tiny seat of his own on the big toilet. We transitioned to that from the little potty, then got him used to the big seat. It took patience and many tries, but we got there.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Have you tried giving rewards of some kind if she agrees to sit on the potty? Could be stickers, a small toy, some extra coloring pages, M&Ms, etc - whatever you feel comfortable giving her.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:31 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes, I have tried the calenders, stickers, ice cream candy...She know when she has to go...she goes 2-3 a day...but she hasn't been improving! She's been doing this for the past few months!
    SusysPinkRoom

Comment by SusysPinkRoom (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Oct. 24, 2010