Am I the only 35 year old newly pregnant mother of 3 who is freaking out just a bit? I thought I would be excited and oh so happy, but (and I'm only 5 1/2 weeks), I'm just overwhelmed and exhausted, which is pushing me toward being depressed. Does this sound familiar to anyone out there? I thought I would be prepared since I've done this three times already, but.....

TheresaJean

Asked by TheresaJean at 4:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was 31 when I had my second. I felt the same way. I was exhausted and really sick from the day I found out I was pregnant to the day I delivered. I wondered all the time if I had made the right decision in having another child. I am so glad I did because now I have a beautiful daughter I couldn't imagine my life without. Hang in there. It may get worse before it gets better but it is definitely worth it.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Nope, you are not alone. Though I am not pregnant now (I am 38) I was pregnant at 34 and and had 3 kids (ages 11, 9, and 6) AND single (after finding out my husband who I had married a few months prior was still married to someone else)! Now THAT"s overwhelming. I was dead tired and depressed. Do your best and try to find some time somehow for just you.
    Peaches8701

Answer by Peaches8701 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Oh yeah - not to mention- your body is not the same as it was during your other pregnancies since you are older and doing more!
    Peaches8701

Answer by Peaches8701 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2008