how in the world can i tell her????!!!

i was addicted to cocaine and it literally took over my life. it controlled every part of me. and ruined me. i had to move to a new city and stuff to get away from the people i was doing it with and buying it from. ive been clean for over a year now. im so proud to say that! :)
well my 'friend' just got into coke. ive known this girl for a long time, im disgusted by it she is really getting into some horrrible things. she has done a comlpete 180. she explains to me all th time how much coke she did what it felt like etc. i cant stand it it make me want to throw up i hate thinking about my life when i did that and thats what it does is bring it back up. how can i tell her i dont want to hear about her massqcarades sp? with this drug? i tell her all the time she shouldnt do it, but how can i do that when i did it for so long and so much??

:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• so it does not matter how long you did it for ur clean and be proud of that! =) tell her about ur story (if u haven't yet) and how it made u feel so bad. Tell her that ur clean and u dnt wanna hear it cuz it was UR past and u wanna leave it there.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• You have more right than anyone to tell her to shut up about it and to tell her how uncomfortable it makes you feel. Tell her how hard it was to get off of too. You know as well as anyone that you can't make her stop doing it...she probably knows that she shouldn't be doing it anyway. Nobody does coke because they think it's good for them. She's looking for something dangerous and bad. You can't make her stop taking it, but you can let her know that you don't approve and that you don't want to hear about it. It's not hypocritical at all.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i agree with effie777. if she is good friend she will stop talking about it. if she's not then you need to leave her behind... you can't put your sobrity at risk. good for you for moving on with your life clean and sober!
    nikkib4407

Answer by nikkib4407 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Tell her to cut it. Let's see her a year or two later. What will be next? Something strongercuz the coke does nothing for her. Please , she is going down and don't hang with her no matter how much she begs and pleads to hang with Mr. Casnova slash drug dealer. You know what's up. Stay clean and good luck.Peace............................
    Anonymous

• You can BECAUSE you did it. You have credibility. However, it's possible she's so into it that she doesn't want to hear what you have to say. You may have to walk away from her if she ends up tempting you. Keep your feet on the ground.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• You need to have a serious conversation with her and really get away from her. You don't want to end up doing it again. 

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i have been where you have been with meth and you should know that telling her won't make her stop or that you are risking her staying friends with you. i think you need to just be up front and show her through example how much better it is to be clean. my friend and i both had done it both got clean then she went back. i was used by her and i stopped that asap. i just stood my ground and told her how much happier i was that i was clean and that i don't want to do any with her. i haven't heard from her since and have no idea if she is still using or not. your friend has to reach the end just like we both did. i have been sober since 2000 with one 2 day slip up. gosh it sucked doing it and coming off again i know for sure that i don't miss it one bit. be careful if you maintain your friendship. for me the temptation was 0 for many many yrs. but better to avoid it completely not to risk you falling into temptation again.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think you should tell her exactly why you don't like to see her doing this. Tell her it ruined your life and you had to start over and you'd hate to see the same thing happen to her with this horrible drug. Not to mention that you've been clean a year, she may lead you astray with her actions. If she doesn't stop then maybe you should cut ties with her.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 30, 2008