does anyone know what this is?

so, my armpit was sore the other day so i reached my hand under there thinking maybe i had an pimple or something. well there is this really hard lump, about the size of a fun size candy bar (thats all i could think of) and about the same width. it is tender to the touch, and hurts when i move my arm certain ways. does anyone at know what this could be. now in the past i have gotten pimples under the skin in this area but they were way smaller, and always went away after about two days. this has been there at least four days. im gonna ask the dr. about it but dont know when ill have time to go. just wanted to get some opinions. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• You have glands under your arms. When I became engorged while BF they became swollen like that.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• sounds like a boil ive had several on my armpit n they are very painful its best u go see a doc before it gets infected
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I agree with PP, but you can also get cancer or tumors in teh same glands, so getting into the doc as soon as possible is a good idea.. always best to play it safe.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have gotten boils under my armpits before. I would get stressed out, and here one would come. Yes, talk with your dr.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• good question cud be the start of an infection such has infatigo or staph/mrsa also cud be more serious then that but i dont like scaring ppl with the c word bc its most likly not that but ask ur dr immediatly maybe even the convinent care or emergency room ive has mrsa and its NOT good it was also a very large pimple/boil look alike so get it checked out mrsa can make u extremly sick

best of luck !!
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 6:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010