Do any of ur significant others believe that the man's role is 2 provide and the Mommy does everything else?

sparkle0940

Asked by sparkle0940 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• That is the way that it is in our family but it is not because my husband feels that way it is because I do.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• That's my husband's view, for sure. His job is to work, and to mow the lawn. EVERYTHING else for the house is me. I take out the trash, I clean up, do the laundry, take care of absolutely everything for our son, pick up stuff of the floor, lock the doors at night, everything. He doesn't lift a finger from the second he comes home from work. He won't even make some ramen noodles if he's hungry. And I don't really like it. I wish he were the kind of man that would pick trash up off the floor if he saw it, take the trash out when it's overflowing, throw in a load of laundry every now and again. But he's not.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• For my family, in a broad sense, yes. He has a paid job, and I manage the home. He does help around the house, but I consider it my job for the most part. Were i working outside the home, we would probably divide things more evenly, but I have been blessed to be able to stay home and raise our kids.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• That is my husband~ I have 4 kids ages 5,4,3,&2 and he will only do that~ sometimes he will help but lately all he does is plays x-box. So I have 2 clean,cook, clean up after the dog, take care of the kids~ you'd think I was a single parent of 5 plus a hyper active dog~ our house is the loudest in the neighborhood =/ He even has the never to ask me can I get his bath water started for him WTH?!? I understand they work but they DONT CONSIDER WHAT WE DO AS WORK AS WELL~ just cause we dont get payed for it~ I was like well if that's the case then I bet I'd be rich in a few months lolz.......
    sparkle0940

Comment by sparkle0940 (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yeah but it doesn't mean that it's going to happen that way.... my SO knew who he married before that and knew i was to strong willed and didn't go for that crap....
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yep. DF & I believe in the traditional roles of man & woman. He works, he is bread winner. I stay home, caring for my DD, him & our home. We love this set up. We couldn't be happier. I am glad I aam with a man who has the same values as I do.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• OHHHH HELL NO...my husband is not that stupid to get this Puerto Rican Mama mad...lol He knows that my role is THE QUEEN

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No---that is so 19th century. He believes women can also work and contribute. As soon as the kids are old enough, why not find a job and use your schooling and your smarts to expand your world beyond cooking and cleaning and stuff?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:19 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• because my family is my number one priority, nothing will ever be more important. Being a wife & mother does not mean sheltered.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No he doesnt thank the gods
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2010