potty training, am I overlooking any good plans...3 yr old boy

So I am attempting to potty train my son, who is very resistent to the idea.. I'm not trying to force him..any innovative ideas I've overlooked?

I'm trying/tried,
-sticker chart
-bribes(candy whenever he sat on the potty)
-pullups
-training underwear
-sitting down/standing up
-time timer set to varying time frames(15min,30mins)

He refuses to even go sit on the potty....when I ask he just tells me "Tommarrow"..lol
I'm thinking about putting him in training pants tomarrow and telling him that we are out of diapers..I'm foreseeing his answer.."then go to the store!"
Any other suggestions?

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 3 Day Method!!!!! Seriously, FANTASTIC. Worked in a day and a half for us. I have the e-book if you're interested!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:43 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My son would poop on the toilet but no matter how hard I tried, he would not go potty. Just didn't care, not interested. So i completely dropped the subject for a week or so and then made it his idea. He asked one day if we could get a hot wheels car at the store. I told him if he could keep his pullup dry, I would get him a car. He did just that and he got a car. He got into the routine of recognizing when he has to go and even started to stay dry overnight which was a HUGE accomplishment. I continued rewarding with cars, candy, trips to the park, kids museum, etc. and now he is dry all of the time. He always checks to see if he is dry and is so proud when he is. I started with daily rewards and then slowly reduced them to once a week. That is what worked for me; Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We did the sticker chart which helped allot but my son didnt potty train till he was over 3 1/2 and not that hes almost 4 he still wont poop in the potty, he either goes in his undies or gets a diaper and poops in that. There just going to start when there ready and sometimes that might not be till there 4 or 5. Less then 60% of boys are potty trained by the age 4 so keep that in mind.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Have you tried putting anything in the bowl for him to pee on (cheerios or such)? My brothers thought that was fun, my son never needed it but I was going to use it if his aim didnt improve lol
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2010