never fighting..?

me and my SO has never really fought. We did once- when i thought he was cheating on me (St Patties Day, 09), but before that- and after that (it was a mix up), we've NEVER fought.

if we have issues, its b/c of me (and my thinking/mentality)-- like if he says something simple, i'll take it in a different way. simple as in: you look beautiful.. i'll take it as: he doesnt think i'm beautiful any other time- only when i dress up. totally NOT true, but thats how my mind works (working on it- i know. lol)

i just wonder if we arent fighting b/c we are that compatible, or if i/we refuse to see the "bad" in the other person? we arent living together, but he's at my place 3-5 nights a week so i do get flustered with his normal guy things (not picking up his dirty clothes, etc)..

is this good or bad that we arent fighting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• i'd say good...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It can be a bad thing because you are bottling things up but it is also a good thing. You guys are not really together all that much, I think that is what really gets to married couples is that they are together constantly.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You know, I think it depends on the relationship. As long as there is honesty, it shouldn't matter how much you fight. Now if you fought a lot, then maybe something might be wrong. My SO and I don't fight a lot. Just recently it's more because of my hormones from being preggers, lol.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 12:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If you're not living together yet, I'd say it's too early to tell cuz no one really fights while they're dating that much. Once you move in together or get married you will fight and it's not a bad thing. People have disagreements on things and it's not a bad thing. My husband says we never fight, we just have disagreements, but we have a LOT of disagreements lol. I think it's funny also that rich people tend to get divorced if their relationships aren't absolutely perfect in any way or they have a little bit of a disagreement. But poor people who have nowhere to go and have to stay even through the crap, find out that people say things they don't mean a lot and it might be better if you just wait it out and try to make up. To answer your question, yes it can be a good thing because it means you're compatible and agree on a lot of things. But don't judge until you're married
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• BUMP
    Crystal1989

Answer by Crystal1989 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I say good for you. DF & I do not fight either. I can only recall 2 times that we actually disagreed, & it wasn't even a big deal. We have literally never had a fight.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• be greatful
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 1:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• me and my husband have been together for 8 yrs and have yet to fight...there isn't anything wrong with NOT fighting
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:40 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• if you dont together its hard to say
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 3:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Dh and I don't 'fight', either.

When we disagree/argue, we never call names, cut one another down, ect.
    I come from an abusive home (before age 3), and my brother has loud/in your face/aggresive
    tendencies, and I don't want that attitude anywhere near me.

We agreed when we were engaged that we would never be ugly to one another, even in the midst
    of the worst irritations. It hels to remember that after the argument, you have to live with this person,
    make a life and family with them. To remember that in spite of the aggravation, you LOVE this person,
    and let that be your guide as to how to react to the situation.

LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 4:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2010