Bahai faith

Can someone tell me about the Bahai faith? My neighbor is organizing a youth group that follows this practice. We are Christian, so is it weird to have my kids involved with this? would you? Have you? Or any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know tons about it, so I will leave the explanation to someone who does. But why would it be weird to involve children? Don't you involve your children in your religion? Most parents do... That doesn't change just because someone isn't Christian or mainstream.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have never heard of it. I personally wouldn't let my children attend a Youth Group that follows a different Religion than what I believe in. It's totally up to you! That's just my opinion. :-)
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Here is a clicky for you.

http://www.bahai.us/

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I've not heard of it, however I would read up on it and also ask the neighbor what the intention is of the youth group. Obviously you wouldn't want to send them if its denouncing your belief system or something. Just from the little bit I read on the website I don't see much wrong with it.
    However I think its important for children to be open to learning about other religions and understanding other cultures and points of view. It will also give you some things to talk about as far as faith and believes and the differences in between.
    In all honesty I think its important to allow our children to explore and question their faith and believes.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• http://www.bahai.org/faq/facts/bahai_faith
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:17 AM on Oct. 28, 2010