Any cool gift ideas for Christmas - different?

My daughter loves art and we spend a lot of evenings indoors during the winter due to snow storms.

ljlM

Asked by ljlM at 4:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A camera digital ones are getting cheaper & cheaper
    Scrapbook supplies it is something you can both enjoy and have a fun memento we make mini books for family members
    theschwenkfam

Answer by theschwenkfam at 6:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Get her an easel and some paints.It won't be expensive and she'll enjoy it!! Just make sure you have lots of paper or plastic drop cloths to put down on the floor!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Can you create a permanent "art studio" somewhere in the house? Put together a desk dedicated to coloring and modelling clay, etc and an easel like Beth suggested with a drop cloth (although I recommend a flannel-backed, vinyl tablecloth - they're washable and pretty). You could get one of those racks with the colorful plastic buckets and fill them with colored pencils, crayons, different types of paints and markers.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• When I was pregnant I was bed ridden due to several problems, and I was so bored. This was also around Christmas and I was wondering what I could give for gifts since I was low on funds that year. I had a catalog from Oriental trading company, and saw several "kits" of Christmas ornaments you could make yourself. since the kits were by the dozen, and inexpensive, and very cute, I ordered several kits, and kept busy putting them together. My husband even joined in the fun. I put them in cute decorative , but cheap bags, and gave them as gifts, that could be reused every year. They were a big hit!
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 6:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• No-sew blankets! They are fun /easy to make and they keep you really warm.

anybody can message me if they want the directions. Most of my loved ones are getting these blankets for the holidays!
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 9:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• We take the kids somewhere fun for their birthday instead of a party & tons of presents. Maybe you could take her to an art class in town or to an art museum and make a day trip out of it!
    sadfairytale

Answer by sadfairytale at 8:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008