feeling the urge to smoke again after ive not ouched on for 9 months

wat do i do

mama2jaybub

Asked by mama2jaybub at 12:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• Fight it! You've gone 9 months without it! Throw away any cigs you may have, don't buy any. You can do it! :)
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 12:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I agree with PP and go for a walk even if it's just around the house! I have been there and I have always started smoking again. I am going on my 3rd month with no ciggarettes and whenever I feel the urge I go for a walk or read a book or anything to keep my mind off of it!!! GL and stay strong. I know you can do it!!!!!!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• do what you did when you quit, I've been off them for a year and two months, and i still get the urge so i do exactly what i did when i was quitting

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 1:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• All PP's are good!

My downfall with all the times I 'thought' I had quit, but fell back into it, was giving in to what began as 'just one'.

I was 5 years out before I could go have cocktails with friends who smoked, and not want 'just one drag'. Hang in there...

You Can Do It!! :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• call someone!! I have been smoke free for almost a year now. I understand completely....Play with your kids....clean. LOL!! Spend hours on the computer. LOL jk. I color with my son, or sing with my daughter.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010