bright blood in my poop? normal or no?

i just had a baby vaginally so cud it be a hemmoriod and if so do those go away

mama2jaybub

Asked by mama2jaybub at 1:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• You most likely have hemorrhoids.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yea its normal that happen to me when i had my baby that was almost 4 months ago...it goes away you'll see
    Crystal1989

Answer by Crystal1989 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yes you could have hemorrhoids but you should see you doctor. It could be something minor but it doesn't hurt to find out. Better to be safe then sorry.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Could be a hemorrhoid. If so, it will go away. Are you having any pain?
    It might be worth seeing your doc just to be sure. Bright red blood isn't usually as concerning as old, dried blood (tarry, coffee-ground stools).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Hemorrhoids. Since it's bright it means it is fresh. Try and ice your crack and your perineum (the spot between your vaginal area and anal area). You could have a tear too. Either way icing it will take down any swelling and pain. And honestly, after having a baby icing yourself is a rather nice feeling. I had gotten a few disposable ice packs from the hospital that actually fit like a maxi pad would but they are long enough to cover the entire area. Very nice on swollen parts.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2010