IM TRYING TO QUIT SMOKEING!

i am takeing bupropion the doctor siad this would help with mood swings has anyone else takein this? did it help and how did it help thanks!

cielo1

Asked by cielo1 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• It took 4 tries before I was finally able to quit -- it's been about 20 years now. Here's what worked for me:

1. I weaned myself slowly. I quit one routine cig a week: My first thing in the morning cig. My cig in the bathroom. My phone cig...till I only had my after-meal cigs. (Those were the hardest for me.)
    2. My husband quit with me -- if he were still smoking, I don't think I could have done it.
    3. I upped my vitamins - especially C (I had read an article about this helping -- and it did).
    4. I found other stuff to do with my hands - so I didn't snack instead. Find a new 'busy hands' habit to replace smoking, so you're not actually giving something up, just changing it out.
    5. Will power. You can't get around it. There will be times you just want a cig; you'll have to learn to let it pass...and it will...eventually.

Hope this helps. Quitting smoking was one of the best things I ever did. Good Luck. :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i sooooo wish i could help you , but honestly i quit with a box of vanilla wafers LMAO and a LOT of willpower.

i just wanted to wish you the VERY best of luck :D

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 1:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I don't know about the stuff from the doctors, but the thing that helped me when I quit about 4 years ago was cross-stitch. Whenever I wanted a fag I just picked up my stitching and did a bit of that. I was so pleased with myself for getting through the toughest part (first 3 weeks) and also for finishing a picture of something I liked. Good luck with your goal.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 4:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No I did not use that to stop. But, I had tried several times. I think you just have to have wheel power. I have been smoke free for almost a year now. Good Luck!
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010