is it true you can spoil an infant by holding them to much?

I have heard that you can spoil your infant by holding them to much and the ive heard that you cant which is true?

lovemybaby72

Asked by lovemybaby72 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO! Hold your baby all you want and enjoy every moment! You CAN NOT spoil a baby!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You can NOT spoil an infant in any way! They really need to feel you holding them often. Its a good thing! And YES, enjoy it, cause they aren't infants for long.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 1:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I don't think it means you are spoiling your child. They may get used to being held, but that's ok.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

•  

Not true.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I hold her all the time and play wither her and all but so of my hubbys family tell me i hold her to much so i was currious
    lovemybaby72

Comment by lovemybaby72 (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Nope. Babies are meant to be held. Mommies (and daddies) are meant to hold them. That's why they're so soft and cuddly. Babies that are held more are usually healthier, happier, and develop faster. So hold your little one all you want!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:19 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My mom says you spoil it but i'm not sure
    jacobmommy2009

Answer by jacobmommy2009 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have heard that there is no way to spoil your infant and when they need to be held, hold them. They need that nurturing contact.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 1:22 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Some people may think that a baby can be held too much, but, I don't think so. Holding a baby is what you are supposed to do, it is not spoiling them.

Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No!! Babies cannot be spoiled. When they need things, including being held, it's a NEED. Have you looked into attachment parenting? It's wonderful! You can make it your own, and do what feels right for you and your family.
    The best advice I got when I was pregnant was- PARENT YOUR OWN WAY. You can take some from here, learn what NOT to do there, and make it all your own, regardless of what others have to say about it. If it feels right for your family, go with it. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2010