am nearly 4 weeks late and have constant spotting for 5 weeks, quantitative HCG from DR was neg, what does this mean? adult content

Currently TTC #4, I never had problems with cycle or conceiving before. All my kids are approx. 2 years apart - nursed each for a year with no period during that time, when I stopped my period returned and I always got pregnant the first or second cycle. Stopped nursing number 3 in July, period returned soon after, but was extremely heavily. Thought I might have gotten pregnant but wasn't sure and felt like maybe I had a very early miscarriage but then my period was on time (28 days later) so I figured I hadn't been preg. That period started almost 8 weeks ago, I will be 4 weeks late in a few days - when I was 2 weeks late I went to the dr because HPTs were negative, but never got a pos. with number 3 either. Blood test was negative, though I still have not had a period and have been spotting (just a small amount when I wipe) for 5 weeks straight. What can this be or or mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Non-ovulaltory cycle, which happens some times. Could also be an ovarian cyst.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:34 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You can have amenorrhea (lack of period) due to stress. It happens a lot. You could have some "break through" bleeding, just because the lining is there, even though you're not ovulating because of stress.
    A quant will pick up low hCG levels, so if that was negative, then you're not yet pregnant.
    Have you tried accupuncture or accupressure? Massage? Some stress management might help get things back on track for you. TTC is a really stressful process, and that can suppress ovulation. Try to relax, mama! =)
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:34 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• For most women it takes a while for their cycles to get back to normal after breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• That is what happened to me when my pregnancy was ectopic? Have they said anything about it?
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2010