I am an impowered woman!

What are some of the things you've learned that have empowered you where you use to think only a guy could do it? Plz keep it clean for the young ones. thank you

I use to think I couldn't drive across county without my husband. How wrong I was and what fun I had doing it! My girlfriends think I'm crazy. But I think they're jelous! LOL

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I've traveled, I crawled under my house and unfroze water pipes ( sucked!!!), back filled my driveway with gravel, I know there are more things but it's late and I just can't think of a lot.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 2:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I bungee jumped. I shaved my head bald for no reason.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I am the one who looks under the hood to see what's wrong with the car. He can't even tell you what half the shit under the hood does.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I can change a car tire, identify which fluids are low or leaking, and make temporary fixes! I can take care of minor problems around the house involving plumbing, and electrical issues. I mow and weed whack the lawn--including troubleshooting the equipment when things don't work right! I can install sheet rock and mud/spackle the seams--we just finished our basement by ourselves! I can put furniture together, and handle power tools and table saws! I can pitch a tent, build a roaring campfire, and hunt and fish...but again, if I don't have to, I'd rather bat my eyelashes and defer those jobs to my husband! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Well, since I've never been married or had a long term s/o... I've raised a child for 17 1/2 years, finished high school and college, bought a house, sold it, bought a condo and sold that and bought a better condo.
    I've been the sole caretaker and provider for my ds.
    I also have driven across several states multiple times (back and forth from CT to South Carolina) and never even had a moment of nervousness. ... Although.. I did used to live in NYC which is the ultimate preparation for independence...!!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• More than I care to list. Since the death of my husband, it is now all mine to do. So I do it all.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010