Do you have any Christmas Traditions?

What family Christmas Traditions have you started with your family or kept going from your childhood? How many years have you been doing it?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• The only "tradition" around here is the DH takes the kids to his sisters for dinner... And I get to stay home and relax!

We didn't do Christmas when I was a kid and I don't celebrate it now. So he takes them and I get a day off...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• The only one we have is I decorate and no one helps lol
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 2:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Well when i was young my dad would sit us down on christmas eve and we would read the story of the birth of Jesus, then we opened all of our presents we still do that to this day. with my kids we have a day of making our own decorations and making cookies and then on the 23rd we drive around the neighborhood and look at all the christmas lights.
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Last year we started where the kids can open 1 gift on Christmas Eve. I make sure that it is a game or something that we can do together as a family. Christmas Eve has been the one night that we don't have to go to someone's house. It works out really well.
    Emily412

Answer by Emily412 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• When I was little my Mom would let us one present on Christmas Eve and I passed that on to my son as well. I also wrapped EVERYTHING except what was "given" by Santa.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• every other year we go to MIL's house.
    bobo69

Answer by bobo69 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We have lots of Christmas traditions that our new for our family and ones from when my husband and I were children. We fast for 40 before Christmas (St. Phillips Fast) and then have a special meatless meal on Christmas Eve...then midnight Divine Liturgy and home around 2 or 3 am..then we wake up in the morning and have champagne and orange juice while we open gifts. Later we go back to church for another Divine Liturgy. Christmas Day after church there is turkey dinner. I LOVE Christmas!
    Lots of family time and prayers :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Not really we just spend time together and decorate the tree and house
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2010