help

ok the other day my brothers girlfriend was holding on to my sons arm and he was pulling away and i asked her (please let go of my son i dont want you pulling his ar) ok well my brother get mad and said well your husband does it and i told him thats my bus. stay out of if i dont want someone touch my son thats up to me and he thinks i have no say in it.....and thinks i should say sorry to his girlfriend for telling her to let got of my son... they both think i should say sorry but i think i shouldnt have to he is my son....i have say in what her does or who does what to him..isnt that right...does anyone think im wrong for not saying im sorry they sure think i am....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you may not be wrong for what you said maybe just the way you said it.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 3:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• when my son was 5or6months old and i was making him food ans he was crying cuz he wanted to eat my bros gf told him to shut up and i yelled at her i was mean about it and she thinks i should say im sorry still and its been 2 years now........i dont think you should say sorry just like im not going to ever he is you kid not theirs and it is yours and your hubbys bus, so no your not wrong
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 3:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i do not think you did any wrong whatsoever! If it went down exactly as you stated it, than you stated the facts as they are!!! that is all that matters!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I dont think you need to say your sorry. He is your son and you, as his mother, have the right to protect him. If you did not like the way she was pulling on your sons arm then you have every right to tell her to stop.
    kat12874

Answer by kat12874 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I probably wouldn't have been as nice as you were. If I don't give permission to discipline my child to someone, and they are not family (and for me a girlfriend is NOT family), they DON'T get to discipline my daughter. You didn't want her pulling his arm, you stopped her, she and your brother should have respected that you as the parent have the right and duty to say who can and cannot do certain things with/to your child.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010