Is this a good idea for a Christmas gift or not?

We'll be going to SC this year for Christmas, like we did last year and I'm trying to think of ideas to tell my parents to get my boys. They are 6 and 8 years old, and they have so many toys already. We are homeschooling this year for the first time, and with the weather getting colder they won't be able to be outside as much, so I was thinking of having my parents get them each a small tool box with some little tools in it that they can use to build stuff when they can't go out. Good idea or not?

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 5:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• sounds like a good idea to me :)
    Anonymous

• Love it!! I have actually been thinking of getting my 6 year old his own toolbox.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• sounds good to me.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I got Jonathan a tool box he was great with it, followed his Dad around and "helped". Sebastian got hold of it a couple years later and destroyed half the house. So just make sure they are kept in an appropiate place (basement, garage or shed). Cause as you know everything has a battery door or a screw that holds it together and it is fun to see how things work!
    jamiemayz

Answer by jamiemayz at 6:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Awesome, go for it!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• IF your kids are into that kind of thing, than it is a good idea. IF they are not, then it isn't. You know your kids best, and if you think they will like it, then they will.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• At this around your kids' ages my cousin loved to take things apart. He would take apart old things like radios or stuff to see how they worked inside. He loved it and when he was done examining it his parents just threw away or recycled the parts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• clappingAwesome! A parents who actually is encouraging her kids to DO something, and LEARN something, rather than watch it on TV!

McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 12:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008