butt

is it wrong to spank a 2 yr old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't do it. I think it sends the wrong message, and it instills fear into your child. I don't want that kind of relationship with my kids. My dad spanked me, and I was always afraid of him. We don't speak anymore.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think they are young.. if you choose to do it you shoudl only do it very lightly to the point where your just tapping their arm or leg and use a firm voice no. etc.
    but other then that I think time out is more then enough. I dont think spanking is very good.. my dad hit my legs and arms if i was naughty.. did it teach me not to be bad? no. just taught me to be scared and not be caught.
    you need to explain to your child why they are wrong or what they did was wrong.. and remember these days one small spank can blow out to you being a child abuser.. a child just has to say mommy hits me and your in the Sh$%. so better off just doing the time out.. especially at the age of 2.. they are too young to be spanked anyway ( if you choose to spank that is).
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 4:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• no i personally don't think its too young. My son gets spankings and he isn't quite two yet....
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I dont think it is wrong to spank a two year old. Sometimes its the only way they know they have done something bad. TIme outs seem to work better with my son, however.
    kat12874

Answer by kat12874 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I dont see nothing wrong with spanking a 2 yr old I spank my 16 month old sometimes when I have told him no three times and smacked his hand already if he/she is still in diapers do it on the diaper, thats what I do and it works.
    donamunns

Answer by donamunns at 7:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010