What are some ways to make your boobs stop leaking after you have a baby? adult content

Im not breastfeeding so how can I stop them from leaking?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 4:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is what they did in the "olden days:"  They would ask you right after birth if you were going to breast feed.  If you said, "no," they gave you a shot, and a prescription  to take at home that was supposed to dry up your milk.   When that didn't work,  you were told to make sure you wore a tight bra.  Under it, "take a cloth diaper, wrap it around your breasts, and pull it as tight as you can, to bind them up."  (I worked in the hospital, and heard that speech given tons of times.)  I guess you could give it a try.  Or, call your doctor's office and talk to the nurse.  I'm sure there's a better way to deal with this now.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 7:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• They do settle down very soon. We make milk on demand. No demand, no milk. Hang in there and make use of breastpads in the mean time. Hugs
    juggy82

Answer by juggy82 at 7:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yeah breast pads, they are the best
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Two things- cold cabbage leaves, change as they wilt (helps with engorgement and makes drying up a little easier), and don't bind your breasts. That puts you at risk for blocked ducts since the milk isn't going anywhere, and blocked ducts can get infected and turn into mastitis or an abscess (worst case scenario, but it happens) You can, if you get very uncomfortable, take a hot shower and express JUST ENOUGH milk so that you are no longer uncomfortable. And if you get on bc, go for one with estrogen- that will dry up whatever is left fairly efficiently.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You see? I knew there had to be  "modern" answers out there. 

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 7:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2010