If you lived alone

What would you eat?
Would you cook?

Would your life be significantly different, food wise, if you were single?

LadyCash

Asked by LadyCash at 4:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't live alone-I am married, but he works nights and I work days so after I get home from work it's just me...I find it hard sometimes to wonder what to eat, because it's pointless to make a big meal. I, too have asked your same question. Some of the replies that I received for to make big meals on the weekends, for example, chili, spaghetti, soup...meals that you would have leftovers so all you had to do was warm them up during the week. If I don't have anything like that I will have some soup and grilled cheese, loaded baked potato, or some days just a bowl of cereal.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'd hardly ever cook!
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 5:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• There's only two of us. I don't think there would be much difference food-wise. We eat almost all of our meals at home. My husband is an excellent cook & I'm an excellent kitchen cleaner.  We eat the same foods as we did when the kids were here.    We use the George Foreman grill a lot. 

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 5:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would probably cook the same things, but in smaller quantity, and grocery bills would be much cheaper I think.

Amlinich

Answer by Amlinich at 5:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• before marriage, I was single living alone and life was very boring if not totally freeing. Had its pros and cons for sure.

It was nice to do whatever I wanted, whenever and however I wanted, but it was depressing to have no one to share things with, good or bad.

I cooked easy foods, ate out a fast food too much, but my metabolism could handle it back then. I'd probably cook fresh food now and eat healthy and exercise alot and try to find a few friends or clubs to join.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would cook a lot less but I know there would be times, maybe once every 5-6 weeks, that I would feel like cooking an entire day to try new recipes. I would like the fact that I could just snack for meals if I wanted.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• When I lived alone, I ate a lot of salad, and a lot of carryout

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think if I lived alone I'd still cook for myself, I'd just buy a small freezer to put most of it away so it doesn't go to waste. That way I wouldn't have to cook so often.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2010