How do I locate a chicken pox party?

jammin28061122

Asked by jammin28061122 at 7:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can join a CM group for your area and ask there, or maybe in craigslist in the childcare section?
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 7:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I had no idea that such a thing existed!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• omg! People still do that? LOL I remember when i was young and my siblings and i got chickenpox and all these kids showed up at our house to play! I was so confused, we were all sick, in our pjs and all these Moms were telling us "go! play together" so us kids played while the Moms had coffee and gossiped
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 8:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• whats a chicken pox party?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No clue. I would love to find one though. However, here we don't have any breakouts.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Wow! Did not know those are still going on! It gives me hope for when I have kids.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• "whats a chicken pox party? "

It's where you take your kid to someone's house when their kid has the chickenpox in hopes that they get sick.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 2:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Varicella (chickenpox) is an infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV).
    Varicella is generally a mild disease which causes several days of fever and very itchy rash.
    Varicella is highly contagious.
    A child will often get 300 to 500 blisters during the infection, but can have up to 1500Varicella can be severe and even fatal in otherwise healthy children (but less than 1 out of every 10,000 cases).
    Chickenpox can cause pneumonia (23 out of every 10,000 cases)
    Bacterial infections of the blisters (usually impetigo) occur commonly (up to 5% of cases).
    Chickenpox is an important risk factor for severe invasive group A streptococcal disease, which can be fatal.
    Other complications of varicella include decreased platelets, arthritis, hepatitis, and brain inflammation.
    Complications are more common among adolescents and adults.
    In immunocompromised per
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010