If you husband snores.....

do you go to the couch? I repeatedly wake my husband up to roll over or move or whatever but after so many times of waking up, I just go to the couch.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Im right there with ya momma. I end up in my daughters bed almost everynight. After getting woke up every 1/2 hour or so I finally got up last night at 1:30. Im chronically tired :(.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My DH snore terribly. Before I worked we slept in the same bed. After I started working I talked him into sleeping in the guest bedroom. My reason,,"I need my sleep". Because when we sleep in the same bed I end up awake half the night or going to the guest bed room to sleep.
    I tried that waking him up thing. he just started snoring. Whe your DH wakes you up because of snoring. Just go to the cough or guest bedroom.

Answer by louise2 at 8:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• After several years of smacking him and rolling him over, I insisted he get checked out. He was diagnosised with sleep apnea. He now wears a CPAP to sleep at night and I get to sleep too.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:22 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If your hubby values your sleep like he does his own, he'd go see an Ear, Nose & Throat specialist about this. It is SO disrespectful of someone who snores like an elephant, to subject his wife; & in my case my ex even woke up my daughter in HER room down the hall his snoring was so loud, & family to sleep deprivation. My ex didnt believe my daughter & I when we told him how horribly bad & loud his snoring was. SO---we taped it. I asked him to play it when he went to bed to see if HE could get to sleep listening to it! He eventually went to an ENT & it turned out he had nasal ployps. easily removed, but until that happened he used the Breathe Rite nasal strips. they did help, but didnt eliminate all the noise. have your hubby try those strips, but get him in to see an ENT. If he loves you, he will go. he isnt getting the proper rest he needs either.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• nope, i just kick him when he gets to loud lol.
    xanayda

Answer by xanayda at 9:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think you should have him get a sleep study done.... that isnt healthy for either of you.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I push him over.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My husband snores really bad. Turns out he was diagnosed with sleep apnea...and I mean off the charts sleep apnea. They gave him a CPAP machiene to use at night, but he rarely uses it! When he does it isn't for just 30 mins to an hour, which does him no good. I wear earplugs to bed because the couch can be great sometimes but stinks 99% of the time and why should I be the one to give up the bed????
    frazzledmomx3

Answer by frazzledmomx3 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• my hubby snores loud too... i thought i was the only one who would sleep in another room, we have a spare bedroom so im glad i dont have to sleep on the couch. but i tell my friends and they think its crazy. i tried ear plugs but my dd was still young and would wake up and i wouldnt hear her. he tried the strips and they work most of the time but they bug him so he takes them off half way thru the nite. id like him to go to the doctor and see about a sleep study, but he works so much he doesnt have time, winter when hes not working i'll get him to go. but i know what you mean about a lack of sleep. im up at 3:45 to get ready for work so i need all the sleep i can get
    katiliffe1982

Answer by katiliffe1982 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I nudge my husband and he usually stops but when he super tired and doesn't stop I just go sleep in the guest room.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010