Wiping Child After Poops

When do you stop wiping your child after they poop?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 8:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son started around age 5 and I would give assistance when needed....he is 7 now and has done it completely alone now for quite a while.

My dd is 5 and is in the learning stage or wiping...I still assist...but she does it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My son(3) tries to do it on his own now but we have to go in after and "check" usually finish the job.
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• By assisting I really mean I watch to make sure they are doing the right thing, and also to remind them to wash with soap after....sort of to train them to wash after every visit.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You have to start training the child to wipe. That is the last thing in training the kid learns to do on there own.

Answer by louise2 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• One son was doing well by age three. The other wanted to do it himself from the start and did well!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:14 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My son does not like for me to do it anymore. He is three, but I usually watch and make sure he does a good job, though I have to fight with him to be in the bathroom... I just try to teach him to do it right and always remind him to wash his little hands.!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2010