is divorce allowed in christian marriages if your husband cheated on you at your own home in your own bed?

LAtinaBELLA

Asked by LAtinaBELLA at 5:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Cheating is adultery and is cause for divorce in Christian and many other religions.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• As a Christian wife, this is one of those things that I don't know if I could ever forgive or live with my husband again if he cheated on me. Trust is huge to me and to smash that trust into thousands of little pieces by adultery would be a lot to get over. I would talk with a pastor, Christian counselor, etc. to get help and guidance.
    Anonymous

• i don't think that God will like it... but that is so wrong for him to do that to you... he has already broke that promise with God... sorry to hear that. :(
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 5:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It's cause for divorce according to Jesus:

"Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery" (Matthew 19:9; Matthew 5:31, 32).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• If it was a sin to divorce..would you stay with him? Come on..be realistic...cheating is wrong on his accord...even if it was a sin, I dont think I would stay with him...I dont want STD's or even deal with the baggage...
    Anonymous

• My pastor said that if your spouse commits adultery is the ONLY time divorce is ok.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I agree with Anon 6:54. I heard just the other day that almost ALL married women that have AIDS contracted it from an adulterous husband. (Usually b/c they went to a prostitute) And like the other AP said.. He has already broken his promise to God. In his wedding vows, he promised himself to you though good and bad.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 7:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Matthew 19:9 says that if your spouse commits adultery, you are free to divorce them because they broke the marriage vows first.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yes, divorce can be a way out but I believe God wants you to do a deep heart search before going through with it. Forgiveness can be accomplished. My family is a living testimony to that. My mom cheated on my dad and got pregnant with me. Lied to him for over a year about it too. When the truth came out God somehow healed my Dad's broken heart and flooded him with forgiveness. My Dad stayed (thank goodness!) and I will always honor him for that.

Pray and pray hard for God's wisdom, guidance and forgiveness. I'm not saying you shouldn't necessarily leave him BUT seek God first.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 7:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• it's not encouraged but it's your free agency to choose what you want. the lord gave you that. gave it to all of us. i'm not sure what the lord will say about me getting divorce but i know that he will be happy that i will be sealed to my new husband cause he brought us together.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008