So, I gripe and wine and gripe and wine about nursing..

And now the baby's cutting back and I'm sad. Instead of coming over for a nurse to wash down her breakfast, she grabbed her juice cup.

Sad now.
Any body else have ups and downs with nursing?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Me. I was pregnant with my son when I decided it was time to wean my daughter. She had just turned 2, and was hurting my very large belly every time she nursed. She never had a great latch and it was really starting to hurt bad. All through my pregnancy I felt like just cutting her off cold turkey, but tried cutting back to once a day... didn't work. I felt so sad when we had our last nursing session. I even tried to nurse her again a couple weeks later and she had forgotten how :(

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I am sure I will. My daughter is 2 and right now I just want her to be done! I know I will miss that, but I am tandem nursing my 11 month old. Kind of getting tired of it. I have been nursing for the last 5 (almost) years! My oldest is 4.5 so right now I just want to be done. I'll be sad when it is!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Oh, and before someone misunderstands and thinks I am nursing the almost 5 year old, I'm NOT! I started nursing him, nursed him for one year, then my next one was born and I nursed him for one year. My daughter is 2 and my 4th child is 11 months and I am nursing both of them.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:21 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My DD nursed until 35 months old and it is definitely completely up and down all the time for both me and her. After the 1 year mark especially there were days she didn't nurse at all and others she nursed like crazy.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:23 AM on Oct. 24, 2010