Ok, so I am being petty, but I am MAD !

My husband and I have worked hard for what we have - which still isnt alot. College, job classes, sucking up to a**hole bosses, and we still have trouble paying our monthly dues.

A neighbor who I sometimes talk to, has never had job since high school ( she is almost 30) She was able to get a house through HUD and only pays $75/month - a house that she was just able to buy brand new REAL hardwood floors, brand new furniture, and new siding for the outside ( plus a huge jungle gym, swing set in the yard) , AND she drives a 2008 car ( that she got brand new then) . She gets food stamps up the ying yang ( and when they lowered it to $600/ month she threw a fit , & that is just for her and her daughter!) And of course when ever she feels like having a little more money she does a slip and fall in some store or restraunt ( she has done this over 4 times)

It would be so much easier if I could just act like scum too ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• yup it sucks but in 10 years all of her "money" will be used up and you'll be living good... honesty is always the best policy! lol
    xanayda

Answer by xanayda at 9:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• who gives a shit.. it sucks but bitching and moaning wont change it... she is still happy at end of day .. hud housing anyone can buy.. or a cheap foreclosed home, or family could have bought the car who knows who cares.. just be happy that ur a hard worker for urself
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Sometimes you have to know you are a better person and a hard worker.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• There will always be those who abuse the system, which is probably one of the biggest reasons I've done my best to avoid it as much as possible. One day Big Daddy Government will not be able to help her and she'll be stuck. You on the other hand, have a lot going for you. Keep up the good work. It does pay off in the end.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:23 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If you only talk to her sometimes how the hell do you know anything about her life?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Maybe you guys live beyond your means. Americans have too many "necessities" that arent necassary. Like, top notch cable, iphones when you already have internet...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yeah it appears that the people who actually try to do things the right way are the ones who get screwed. Messed up huh
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• wow thats terrible
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i was in court with a friend the other day. someone else was getting in trouble for dcf fraud! making more money than they were claming & having unemployment & food stamps. This person WENT TO JAIL. Serving 1 year in a state prison & 4 years probation. Doesnt sound like she would like it much huh?
    mommaizzy

Answer by mommaizzy at 4:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010