Was wondering if anyone knew how long to boil the nipples and silicone disks from Playtex Ventaire Bottles?

bamamom520

Asked by bamamom520 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Kids' Health

• You only need to bring them to a boil, you should not let them set in boiling water for more then a min.
    BabyBlueEyes77

Answer by BabyBlueEyes77 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I thought boiling was no longer recommended--just very hot soapy water and a good scrub brush.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I sterilized mine in boiling water for 6 minutes. I would also sterilize them in the dishwasher.
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 9:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i did it for 3 mins or you can get a sterlizer http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ELIXXQ something like this i got mine off cragislist
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• minimum 5 minuetes rolling boil....no matter what they are made out of.
    cstashu

Answer by cstashu at 10:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• you can boil them no longer then a minute, but putting them in the dishwasher will work just as well.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 12:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I used Playtex drop-ins. The package for the silicone nipples said to bring the water to a boil and let them boil for 5 minutes. I don't know about the yellow, latex nipples.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• standard instructions are on a paper in side the package of ventaire bottles...
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 4:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2008