Help! I want to relocate to FL..but don't know where. If you currently live in FL or know someone that does Please read more. ;)

So I am looking to relocate from Boston to FL. I have kids, so obviously I want to move some where that is decent. Also is there any type of transportation in FL? I know its probably nothing like out here, but I need a place that has a commute in and out of the city. Any suggestions? Thanks.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• FORT MYERS IS NICE OR SARAOTA
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I live in Orlando, which as you can guess, is very family friendly. Lots of traffic though. We have the Lynx bus system, but I've never taken it before so I'm not sure exactly where they go. Some areas outside Orlando, but still close enough to commute for work if you had to, would be Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Clearmont, Lake Mary, Apopka, Windermere.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I live in the suburbs of Miami. There is public transportation but it's definately not the same as the T (I used to live in Boston as well). Personally, I've never used the public transportation here but I see plenty of people that do although from what I can tell it's more buses than trains like it is in Boston.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have family that lives in Jacksonville, Florida! It is so perfect there, I hope to one move myself :) Theres so much to do around, so many places to go, everything is relatively close. The beach is only a few minutes away. The traffic isnt bad. The weather is beautiful! I would definitely look into it if I were you! GL deciding! :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I hope to one day move there myself***
    xxMasonsMommaxx

• big city- orlando ... not really the safest for kids i dont believe but others may differ they do have buses to get you from one point to another.
    also another big city is gainesville they have the same & crime level isnt as high.

smaller city would be leesburg they have the buses but depending on the neighborhood it isnt too shabby.
    mommaizzy

Answer by mommaizzy at 10:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Why Florida? The economy is terrible and the schools are dreadful!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010