Why do people write dodgy questions?

I know its all fun and games to some people but what about the ones that write a very believable and horrible story. how can you fabricate a story so it seems believable and find this fun and interesting? a social experiement? or just really have nothing better to do with your life?

Weldo1983

Asked by Weldo1983 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Here is the way that I look at it. Most of us can spot the "trolls" or the questions that you just know are not true. I am sure there are questions out there that are serious but completely made up. Moms will answer these questions and give advice. Now, this advice won't "help" anyone since the question was completely fake, but what if there is a mom that comes along who is experiencing something similar to this "fake" question. She may be too embrassed to ask the question (even anonymously) but she can read the responses and the advice that is offered.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry....what are you talking about??
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• idk
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:06 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Which question?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I am sure nearly everyone on here generally ask serious questions about situations they are facing. but i am talking about the very very small minority that do make stories up for fun..
    Weldo1983

Comment by Weldo1983 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2010