RepubliCorp. . .

Buying Democracy one race at a time. Thanks to Citizens United, corporate funding of our candidates is unlimited. Isn't it wonderful? Big Business and Government. A marriage made in heaven. . .

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 11:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That sounds interesting. I guess I should Google that.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Linky. Take some time to peruse the site. . . it's truly an enjoyable experience.  Watch the videos, read the profiles. . . get to know the new face of "Democracy" in the U.S.  It's what we'll have to live with, after all. . .

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Here is one:
    http://pol.moveon.org/republicorp_orgchart/

**************
    http://twitter.com/republicorp
    ---------------------------- Another
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• well...isn't THAT special.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You think the Democrats are any different? I posted yesterday how the Insurance lobby bought and paid for the clause in the Health care reform bill that mandated insurance for all.

Opensecrets.org has some crazy stats of money given to all members of Congress. There's no denying there's a problem on BOTH sides of the fence. BTW, that's an actual site with actual facts, rather than a political spin machine.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes I do think democrats are different. They do not agree with the supreme court ruling. They are trying to change this and make it transparent, and the republicans have blocked it. They republicans have also brought in 2 to 1 the money from big donors. I'm sure it runs both ways, but yes the repubs are worse. The ruling made by a conservative court appointed by republicans have made this a disaster, so yes I blame one party over another.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Of course this is a parody, loving. The only thing we have left anymore that's completely our own is our humor.

Unless Corporate America finds a way to overtake that, too.

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

____________________
    Oh thank Heaven. I thought you were posting this as an actual source, my eyes rolled so hard I'm amazed I didn't break something. It is amusing, then!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• OMG...I am so glad that is is not real because it it WAS true,then we are really in trouble as a nation. Well....we are kind of on shaky ground anyway,but that would be a debacle.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Of course it's parody, but it doesn't mean that it isn't true. They are making fun of a bad situation.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2010