Week after possible miscarrage had positive hpt

So last friday I rushed to er because I was having really bad back pain and bleeding. they told me that they thought I was having a miscarrage but couldn't confirm because it was to early to see anything on an u/s and I wasn't passing any tissue...at that time my levels were very low just 24 and I was 5 weeks preg. So a couple days later my pregnancy symptoms increased, begin getting morning sickness and very tender breasts. Called my doc, she ran some more blood work but don't have the results yet. Went and bought a hpt and it was positive. I'm going crazy....did I or didn't I miscarry. Has this happened to anyone else?

mum2b2009

Asked by mum2b2009 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They should have done an ultrasound to look in your uterus. That is what they did to me and the baby was gone. I had to go back a couple times to make sure my levels went all the way down. Did you ever see anything come out? Mine looked a little fleshy like =( Usually when the baby is out of your body all the symptoms go away. Can you keep me posted? I'm sorry if it turns out to be a real miscarriage =(
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 7:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Well, the level at 24 makes me think No.. I dont really know what the levels should be but maybe you were not really 5 weeks. Maybe only 4 weeks but i would think the number should have been higher. I'm pregnant a year later this April 27th I thought i was 7 weeks ACCORDING TO MY LAST PERIOD DATE but i was only 5 weeks 3 days according to the ultrasound so you could have got pregnant on an off day. Dont hold me to this info.. Im just giving you my situation..
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 7:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2008