10 month baby

My baby refuses to eat anything, she used to eat very very good, but now as soon as she sees her plate she starts crying, she has no teeth yet, should i force her eating ? Please help becuase i am going crazy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe take her to the DR. have you changed the food around? try something different? even if you must you may want to give her something sweet like a chocolate custard.. the only reason for that is to see if its not actually hurting her when she eats.. if he wants to eat the custard and not the meat/veggies then she may just be going through a protest phase.. otherwise see a Dr you cant let bub refuse food forever,( and I know you wont do that :) ) and you need some peace of mind.. goodluck , i hope it works out for you .
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I am going through that same thing with my twins right now. Have you tried (even though it is a pain) offering something else that she likes? My twins love pastas---mostly the canned chef boyardee ones. On days where all else fails they like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, so that is what they get. It can be extremely stressful on both you and baby with this ordeal of the temper tantrums they throw, but I am a firm believer in the saying that which does not kill us makes us stronger. Good luck! :o)
    frazzledmomx3

Answer by frazzledmomx3 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Don't try to force her, the more attention you give it, the more she will resist, if this is indeed a power struggle. You provide the food, put it in front of her, if she doesn't eat it, take it away. Try to be calm. Is she still taking her bottle? How long has the food refusal been going on? Is she losing weight? If so, you should call the doctor.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Don't force her. Just giver her formula/nurse her, she gets all her nutrients that way anyway. Probably just a phase.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Try feeding her the solid food before the breast milk or formula. Don't force her to eat if she isn't hungry, though. If it keeps up do mention it to her pediatrician.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• all you can do is keep trying. I'm assuming you're still giving her baby food because that would be the easiest for her to eat. If she is getting teeth she might get fussy and not want to eat too. She is still on formula or breast milk so don't worry that she isn't getting adequate nutrition because she definitely is. Hang in there!!
    momoftwins0987

Answer by momoftwins0987 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010